- The flowers at the front of the sanctuary are presented to the glory of God by the children of God
- The Power of Hope Fund Offering will be received in the Narthex
- FPC-McAllen's Spanish Worship Services are offered each Sunday at 5 p.m in the Parlor
- Space for God meets every Thursday from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Please join us for our Birthday / Anniversary Celebration in the Parlor on Sunday January 14, 2018
- The Prayer Quilt Ministry meets on the first and third Tuesdays of each month
- A Book of daily devotional: The 2018 Disciplines are now available at the church office at a cost of $10.
- Addult Sunday School Class each Sunday in the Parlor at 9:00 a.m
- Weekly Prayer Breakfast Group meets every Friday at 7:00 a.m. at Denny's on 401 E. Nolana in McAllen
- Make "Star Word" a part of your devotional life in 2018
- The sanctuary will be open for Mid-Week advent prayer from noon to 1 p.m during the Thursdays of Advent Season (December 14 and 21) if you feel a need for spiritual prayer / meditation in the coming days, a quiet place is available.
- Join us for Christmas Luncheon next Sunday, December 17, in the Fellowship Hall immediately following the Worship Service. Please see the bulletin for what to bring and for more information
- The 2017 Advent Devotionals are available in the Narthex
- The "Adult" Sunday School Class is studying the "Present Word" curriculum. Join them in the Parlot at 9:00 a.m.
- Space for God meets every Thursday from 9:30-11:30 am
- A Weekky Prayer Breakfast Group meets every Friday at 7:00 a.m at Denny's on 401 E. Nolana in McAllen
- Large Print Bulletin and Shawls are available. Ask the Usher for one
Announcements and Church Information September 2017 in pdf
The Adult Sunday School Class invites you to join them on Sunday at 9 a.m in the Parlor.
FPC-McAllen's Spanish Worship Services are offered each Sunday at 5 p.m in the Parlor.
Interested in Joining Our Church Family?
From the stated meeting of July 18, 2017, Session undertook the following action:
- Welcome new pastor and Session moderator, Rev. Kathryn Escandell
- Elected Dana Friedman as the new Clerk of Session and thanked outgoing Clerk Anna Bohart for many years of service
- Re-elected Cam Henry as the Church Treasurer
- Approved Sunday, August 13, as the date for the Session to examine and install the new Class of Elders (2020) which include Dr. Tom Ball, Dana Friedman, Cristina Garfield and Maria Colvin-Lopez.
- Approved Sunday, August 27, as the date for the "Blessing of the Backpacks" in preparation for most Valley schools starting the following day.